Jobs @ BCDO
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT MANAGER (freelance)
Report to: Creative Director and Event Promoter.
Start Date: Latest September 2021 but sooner if possible.
Contract Duration: 30 hrs per week, until end of July 2022 with scope for annual renewal.
Salary: £12.50-£22.50 per hour depending on experience
Preferred position location: Sussex UK with ability to regularly meet with team members at office in Rustington West Sussex
Big Church Day Out is the UK’s largest Christian festival, attracting more than 30,000 annually to its two day event in West Sussex. It creates a space for all denominations and ages to gather together for a fun packed weekend of fellowship, fun and worship. We have a staff team of about 12 who work all year, both office based and remotely, and are a highly motivated and focussed team with each team member taking responsibility for their own area of the event.
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Social Media and Website Content Manager, you will curate content to gain new followers and engage existing followers. Think in photos, videos, and graphics with the intent to engage the BCDO family and create a unique and ownable social footprint.
You will help in conjunction with our Creative Director and Paid Media Team to create an organic social media strategy for BCDO that you will be responsible for delivering. You will not be responsible for delivering the paid social media but will work closely with the team that do.
You will research, plan, develop, design. curate and analyse content (stories, photographs, video, artists) channels. You will write copy and design the creative assets for posts on all social platforms and build and deliver a year round organic social schedule.
You will work with the Creative Director to deliver year round email marketing campaigns to BCDO ticket holders.
In addition, you will be responsible for year round updating of content to the website, including adding copy and content to reflect the artists and other content at the festival as and when it is confirmed.
You will review the success of organic campaigns and develop ways to improve.
You will work with the Creative Director to build the plan for content capture across social, photography and video teams at the annual event to service the social schedule for the following year's event.
It is essential that we have a Social Media Manager that can ensure that content we share is engaging for the target audience and is shared on the correct channels in order to ensure maximum exposure.
WHAT YOU NEED TO THRIVE IN THIS JOB
The ideal candidate will possess expertise in social media, content creation with a marketing outlook. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, innovative, creative, and personable individual who is highly involved and very passionate about engaging the Church and beyond with BCDO.
• Strong organisational qualities as well as strong creative ability.
• Min 2 years proven social media content development.
• Good, working and practical knowledge of Adobe’s Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Graphic design experience.
• Video Editing skills, with practical experience of Adobe Premier Pro including treatment of audio.
• Highly desirable, ability to create animations with Adobe After Effects.
• Ability to write creative copy for social posts and reflect and develop BCDO’s tone of voice.
• An understanding of audience segmentation/ how to target key audiences.
• Passion for innovation in the digital sector and ability to work quickly and efficiently.
• Responsive and proactive planner; be able to multitask.
• Highly adaptable, receptive to feedback and change.
• A passion for serving Jesus Christ in all areas of your life.
Please send CV and short statement on why you would be excited to deliver this role along with any examples of creative work to email@example.com, no later than April 30th 2021.