Care and Safety
Every year, our team are asked to locate a significant number of lost and separated children. There are some simple steps you can take to help in keeping everyone safe and to avoid unnecessary worry.
- If you are attending the event with children or vulnerable adults, please ensure that you know where they are at all times.
- Arrange a meeting point so that if you do become separated you can each make your way to that place. Take the child / vulnerable adult to that place on the first day so they are clear about where it is.
- Remember that mobile signal on-site is unreliable so please don’t assume that your children can be reached (or reach you) by phone. However, please write your mobile phone number on your child’s wristband just in case.
- If you have small children please take a photo of them each day so that if you become separated you’ll be able to give an accurate description of what they’re wearing.
- Report any concerns to one of our team.
Please encourage all your party to let you know if they are taking one of your group with them to avoid unnecessary confusion and distress.
If you find a separated child or become separated from your own child, please report this to a member of our team immediately.
Our aim is for everyone to have a great care free time, however we have seen a lot of parents, carers and children/young adults very distressed and upset as they have been separated from their groups. Hopefully with these simple steps we can all work together to reduce the risk of any future anguish.
For further information on the Big Church Day Out’s Safeguarding Policy please contact us.